Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
Between the big ticket items of New York, Washington, DC and Niagara Falls, this fascinating journey runs the gamut of American history and surprises with an eclectic mix of visits.
Additional Included Highlights
- Washington, D.C.: See the The White House and Capitol
- Niagara Falls: Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Philadelphia: View Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell. Explore the Independence National Historic Park.
- New York: During your guided tour see the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and Central Park.
- New York: Toast to new friends and fond memories during your Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Niagara Falls: At a Highlight Dinner, an unforgettable evening of fresh local cuisine awaits, paired with the region's most renowned beverage, ice wine.
- Philadelphia: Choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Pittsburgh: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at LeMont, where delicious cuisine is complemented by breathtaking city views.
- Included Quality Dining: 8 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Continental Breakfast (CB) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Gettysburg: Gain a deeper understanding of the infamous battle and major turning point in the Civil War with a Local Expert.
- Lancaster: Step back in time to gain a fascinating insight into the lifestyle of the Pennsylvania Amish with a Local Expert.
- New York: Explore the highlights of the city with your Local Expert.
- Punxsutawney: Meet a member of the 'Inner Circle' and learn about the town's weather-predicting groundhog.
- Lancaster: The Lancaster Arts Hotel features deluxe accommodation all decorated by local Pennsylvania artists, and displays some of Lancaster's finest works of art.
- New York: For city centre hotel locations, the Marriott Marquis is unmatched, set in New York City's Times Square.
- Niagara Falls: Insight ensures you don't miss out on scenic locations. The Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa hotel is situated closest to the falls and each room has stunning views.
- Pittsburgh: The Omni William Penn is a classic hotel with a modern twist.
- Washington DC: At the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, you'll stay just half a mile from The White House.
- Corning: At the Corning Museum of Glass, watch artisans at work and sandblast your own keepsake.
- New York: View Manhattan's skyscrapers, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty from your harbour cruise.
- Niagara Falls: Greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls, on-board your cruise.
- Washington, DC: Your 'monumental' tour includes the Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from Washington Dulles and Ronald Reagan Airport and to JFK, La Guardia or Newark Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (972) 727-9196 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020202
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Washington, DC||A Monumental Time in Washington, DC.: Welcome to Washington, DC, the nation's capital. On arrival at the airport, your transfer will take you to your luxurious hotel, proclaimed by President Truman to be Washington, DC's 'Second Best Address', after The White House. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with drinks. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Mayflower Hotel Autograph Collection Washington DC.
|Day 2||Washington, DC||Washington, DC Sightseeing.: (Relaxed Start) In the morning, immerse yourself on a sightseeing tour in the proud heritage of a nation. View The White House, the striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II Memorial. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
The Mayflower Hotel Autograph Collection, Washington, DC.
|Day 3||Pittsburgh||Gettysburg and Pittsburgh.: Depart for Gettysburg. Cannons blazing, trumpets sounding - your Local Expert will reveal it all at the site of one of the Civil War's most pivotal battles. Just four months after the historic struggle, the battlefield was the backdrop for Abraham Lincoln's call for 'a new birth of freedom' in his famed Gettysburg Address. Move on to Pittsburgh, the 'City of Bridges'. Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at award-winning LeMont. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Omni William Penn, Pittsburgh
|Day 4||Niagara Falls||American Folklore in Punxsutawney.: Travel to the rural town of Punxsutawney to learn firsthand about an important part of American folklore. The town is most famous for its resident groundhog, Phil. Every year he emerges from his burrow and predicts whether the US will have more months of winter or an early spring, based on whether or not he sees his shadow. Meet with a member of the 'Inner Circle', a small group of local dignitaries and business leaders who act as Phil's caregivers throughout the year. Cross the Canadian border to arrive into Niagara Falls, where your hotel overlooks the majestic Horseshoe Falls in all its glory. (Full Breakfast)|
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa
|Day 5||Niagara Falls||Niagara Up-Close.: View thundering Niagara Falls during a cruise to the base of the cascades. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake. The region's climate is ideal for winemaking, embark upon a night of culinary delights, with a Highlight Dinner at a family-owned winery. Taste their award-winning wines, including ice wine - a regional speciality, made from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine. Sample some of Niagara's local cuisine created with seasonal ingredients. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa.
|Day 6||Lancaster||On to Lancaster.: At the ultra-modern Corning Museum of Glass, learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum's single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work as they form the raw material into delicate shapes and figures. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Philadelphia||The Amish Country and Philadelphia.: After your deluxe Continental Breakfast, roll back in time to explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania's Lancaster County with a Local Expert. Learn about the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Then it's on to Philadelphia where in the evening, your Tour Director will offer you a selection of local restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Continental Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing.
|Day 8||New York||A Bite of the Big Apple.: Walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin in the 'City of Brotherly Love', Philadelphia. Amid 'America's most historic square mile'; view Independence Hall, visit the Liberty Bell, and spend some time on your own exploring Independence National Historic Park. Then it's on to New York City. In the afternoon, enjoy a harbour cruise for glittering views of Manhattan's skyline, Ellis Island, and the towering Statue of Liberty. The evening is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
New York Marriott Marquis
|Day 9||New York||Exploring NYC.: (Relaxed Start) Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See the towering Empire State Building, the mirrored peak of the iconic Chrysler Building and expansive Central Park, designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. Ascend to the Top of the Rock - the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building - for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. At night, join your Tour Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant and toast to new friends and fantastic memories. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
New York Marriott Marquis.
|Day 10||DEPART NEW YORK CITY||Depart New York City.: Bid farewell in the morning and take your complimentary transfer to JFK International, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty International Airport for your flight home, or extend your stay in New York. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible!
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class